So, I left my american home 2 months ago (23rd of June 2015) and it was really hard for me to say goodbye to all the people I've met and the family I stayed with. But it wasn't the hardest thing, u know you'll come back one day and see them again, not in the same situation/ frame u used to see it but you will be happy to see them again, sooner or later :)
I really would explain how I felt when I left the US but I can't explain it, I don't have the words for this and nobody could understand me, bc it was my adventure and I survived alone (I hope u know what I mean :D) but I can say IT WAS THE BEST THING IN MY LIFE, it was like a rollercoaster, you know how it is when you ride the rollercoaster :), other exchange students may understand me, they went trough the same stuff!
The last weeks in the US were crazy, you were excited to see éveryone again a´fter ONE YEAR!!!! my heart was pumping like crazy! on the other side I was so sad to leave everything behind, what I built in the one year!
On the flight back home to Germany I met some good old friends and it was so cool to talk with them about stuff and our experience, the same time we were talking about Germany and the best thing a friend 17 and me almost 18 we were trinking a german beer on the airplane! I think it was the best flight I've ever had. The beer wasn't even good but it was our first beer after one year break :D
Germany
In the morning of the 24th of June we were standing with our feet on german ground. It was so weird to know "oh man in a few minutes, I'm going to see my family after one year". I was sooooooo excited when I came with my TWO SUITCASES and three backpacks out of the gate to see my family. I wasn't even crying like everybody else I was just happy and a overwhelmed. It was a super cool moment I will never forget! The strangest moment: listen to german radio - I was like wtf is this hahaha.
The other following days were amazing! I got to see everyone again and got my german life style back :D The result of my exchange year: Germany is the best country in my opinion! I just love it.
On some days, I miss the US, and I really wanna go back!



No comments:
Post a Comment